Starbots Championship can be the "Main Quest" in the game. The Starbots' ranking system consists of 8 levels, each level is divided into 3 divisions(I, II, III), in which division III is the lowest rank and division I is the highest rank.
These ranks will be determined based on the Dog Point (DP) owned by the players. At the beginning of the game, everyone has the same amount of DP which is 0 DP. Next, players advance to the next rank by earning a required amounts of DP from winning battles in PvP mode.
- The numbers of DP you earn in battle depended on the results of the battle. You will rank up when earning a specific amount of DP.
- If you attacked and defeated an enemy who has DP higher than you, the numbers of DP you earn will be more than defeated enemy has lower DP than you. You will lose DP when you lose the battle or give up.
- If you are attacked by another enemy, you will need to have robot and defend this attack. When your defense is successful, you can protect your rank and increase your DP. In the other hand, your DP can be decreased which means your rank will be down.
- At the end of each season, your final rank will determent your official rank of that season on which you going to receive rewards.
- Based on the DP you are owning, the rank will be divided by the following:
Grand Champion III
Grand Champion II
Grand Champion I
Supersonic Legend I
At the end of the season and after you achieved certain rank, you will be presented with many valuable rewards such as vGEAR Tokens, Lootboxes, BOT Tokens,... The higher your rank, the more valuable rewards you will receive.
We have a secondary stat to calculate DP, called ELO which will be calculated as follows
A. Initial default ELO for all players is 600. Method to calculate ELO after each battle are as follow:
1. Suppose, the battle has 2 players A and B competing against each other, in which:
- ELOa: ELO before battle of A
- ELOa': ELO after battle of A
- ELOb: ELO before battle of B
- ELOb': ELO after battle of B
- Aa: recent battle score of A
- Ab: recent battle score of B
- K: point inflation control factor (details of K, Aa, Ab will be explained below)
2. Formula for scoring:
- Formula (1) - calculates for player A: Ea=Qa/(Qa+Qb)
- Formula (2) - calculates for player B: Eb=Qb/(Qa+Qb)
Note that: Ea+Eb=1
At the end of battle, ELO will be recalculated as:
- Player A: ELOa' = ELOa + K(Aa - Ea)
- Player B: ELOb' = ELOb + K(Ab - Eb)
B. Explanation of some indicators in the formula:
1. Aa, Ab - recent battle score
- Win: 1 point
- Lose: 0 point
2. K Factor (depend on ELO)
After calculating, ELO will be rounded to the integer part according to the principle:
- if less than x,5 round down to x
- if greater than or equal to x,5 round up to x+1
- Initial default DP for all players is 0.
- Using ELO after the battle to determine that the DP is added or subtracted respectively (regarding the Elo and DP relationship, the Starbot's system has a specific mechanism to calculate).
- Minimum DP is 0. If your DP is reached 0 DP and decreased continuously, it will be kept 0 DP.
When you decide to take part in a battle, Startbots's system will match an appropriate enemy to you, which based on you and your enemy's DP.
When you do not join any championship battles, the system will randomly match you with 10 players on the entire rank to determine your rank. After, we will match you a player who is in a set of 200 the system deems to have the closest DP to you. In case you are matched to a player who does not have a robot to defend, the system will automatically give victory for you.